Italiano English
  Top » Catalog » Gavirate »

Gavirate

  • Lungolago di Gavirate

  • Centro storico di Gavirate

  • Il chiostro di Voltorre - Gavirate

  • la Chiesa di San Michele a Voltorre - Gavirate

  • Le vie dello shopping di Gavirate

  • Le vie dello shopping di Gavirate

  • Le vie dello shopping di Gavirate

Gavirate 
 
 
 
Arranged along the shores of Lake Varese, which once gave the name, position almost control Gavirate is a town of ancient origins, whose glorious past - still little studied - is a harbinger of interesting surprises. Just as today we can see, it is characterized by the presence - inside - of a significant number of centers, each of which has remained substantially intact their identity. In addition to the major fractions in fact - and Voltorre Oltrona (including the location Groppello) - that up, respectively in 1927 and 1928 were self-governing municipalities, Gavirate has built four nuclei independent citizens: Armijo, Pozzolo Fignano and Gavirate. 
The territory of Gavirate has attracted people since prehistoric times, when they arrived before the Ligurians and then Balkan farmers, attracted by the fertility of the land, lakes teeming with fish and rich in game. This is testified by the piles and found Isolino Bardello. Then the Romans began forming in Fignano a small village, which has grown over time, as evidenced by the remains of the necropolis found in the Trinity and to Oltrona and the tomb of Late Antiquity Voltorre. The position of Gavirate the lake has always been considered strategically important road junction because, from which it also derives its name, the street that is unique in pre-Roman times, the Transalpine connected (via Ponte Tresa-Lukmanier) to the shores of Lake Maggiore , then the plain and Milan. From the Middle Ages until the end of 1800, the incile Bardello was also the landing point of the lake-land transport route between Draft, on Lake Maggiore and Varese, as evidenced by the two light towers, now gone, were built before 1560 on 'incile Bardello and Schiranna. Hence the distinctive vocation economic-commercial gaviratese, now centuries old. Center of attraction for the people of the neighboring towns, the streets of Gavirate always have animated around its shops, the boisterous and cheerful "ciacole" of the market days. A vocation that led to the continuous renewal, layer after layer, its streets and its houses without interruption. The result is a country in which the thin line that separates the old buildings from the recent ones is difficult to find. The signs, however, remain: and they are not insignificant. From the religious buildings, among which the church of SS. Trinity - on the outskirts of the village, where the late nineteenth century, remains have been found of Roman burials - plant seventeenth-century bell tower and the characteristic circular; the cloister of Voltorre, the church of San Carlo Armijo and the parish - St. John the Evangelist in Gavirate and Saints Vitale and Agricola Oltrona - which, repeatedly reworked over the centuries - hide marked medieval origins. From their churchyards then, you can enjoy a lovely view, as they are placed in elevated positions with respect to the settlements, which dominate, and they had, at one time, significantly Clear. 
Much could still say Gavirate: its mills, its mills, the production of pipe - the historic capital of which is undisputed - and the International Museum of the Pipe Alberto Paronelli, of his legendary muffins - the Ugly and Good - estimated by crowned heads and famous poets, and the lake - its history, its banks, its sporty, rowing reserves that consistently honors and international recognition; and yet the cattle market, the trade of the fish that came right to Verziere of Milan, and a Pro Loco active for more than fifty years ... but even more you can find out by starting with a relaxing stroll along the lakefront ...
Reviews
Our products
MODULE_BOXES_EVENTI_BOX_TITLE


Share Product
Share via E-Mail Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

"Distretto Due Laghi" Association - Headquarters: Piazza Matteoti, 8 - 21026 Gavirate VA - Italy
info@distrettoduelaghi.it VAT no.03202900126
Distretto 2 laghi: SMAU finalist for inovation

logo comune di Bardello logo comune di Biandronno logo comune di Comerio logo comune di Gavirate logo comune di Travedona Monate logo ConfCommercio Ascom logo Confesercenti logo CC Campo dei Fiori